Thursday, April 1, 2010

Garbage Cookies

These were a surprising hit with my relatives young and old. Just as the name suggests, this cookie is filled with a whole-lotta garbage. While I could have gone with Kitchen Sink or Compost, I think Garbage has a special way of drawing people in. I nicknamed this heavy biscuit Heart Attack in Your Hand. If that isn't enough to make you click away, here's the recipe for the cookie that requires nothing more than dumping in a bunch of garbage laying around your kitchen.

Cream Together:

1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp. corn syrup

Mix In:

2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. salt

Add the Garbage:

Ritz Crackers
Fritos
Goldfish
Coco Krispies
Chocolate Chips
Rolos

The actual garbage you add is up to you. I just threw in random amounts, about a handful or two of each. Add the salty snacks first. Mix with the beater. Add in the sweets and mix again. You will want a large bowl if you don't have a stand mixer, which I do not.

Cool in the refrigerator for one hour. Scoop large portions onto a baking sheet (I tried to get a Rolo in each cookie) and allow plenty of room between each cookie.

Bake until done (9-15 minutes, depending on your oven) @ 400°.

No comments:

Post a Comment