Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Mexican Pasta Salad

The night I first served this it did not get favorable reviews. I was actually certain I would never make it again, but since I had a bowl full of the stuff, I wasn't going to let it go to waste and had the leftovers for lunch the next day. The girls devoured it and even asked for seconds! It actually tastes like Tortilla Roll-Ups; in some parts of the country they call them Pinwheels.

If you're serving this salad, I highly recommend making it several hours in advance.

1 cup mayonnaise
12-15.5 oz. jar salsa
1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded or cubed
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 c. onion, chopped
8 oz. cooked pasta--shell, rotelle, etc.

In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, garlic salt & pepper. Add cooled pasta (rinse well with cold water), salsa & onion. Toss to coat. Add cheese & refrigerate several hours, or overnight before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment