Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Martini

When I started this challenge I didn't know what I'd end up with; I certainly didn't fathom any alcoholic beverages.  But alas, here it is, the Pumpkin Spice Martini.

It only seemed fitting to share this with the wild and crazy Bunco crowd.  Overall it was a hit.  Though be warned, it is strong.... Strong to the light-weight Midwesterner; no match for the European girls!

LeeAnn, thanks for the recipe. Jon, thanks for being our drink-mixer.  You served every drink with class and finesse!

1.5 oz. Captain Morgan Spice Rum
1 oz. Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur with Caramel
3 Tbsp. pumpkin pie filling
Top with whip cream and cinnamon or nutmeg



What I liked about this drink:
It's different.  It has a kick, a big kick, but it's fun in small doses.

What I would do different next time:
The original recipe calls for Godiva Caramel Liqueur.  I couldn't find it anywhere, so I substituted with Baileys.  I think it would taste great with the chocolate undertone!

If you don't want it so strong:
Cut back on the amount of rum and add a splash of milk.

My gal pal, Meg, gave this a definite 5 out of 5 pumpkins (maybe because she had five herself?!) I'm giving it 4 out of 5. It is a powerful seasonal delight, and probably much better with Godiva!

No comments:

Post a Comment