Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Dip

This is it.  The final recipe in my 12 Days of Pumpkin Challenge.  The first thing I heard last night when I arrived at Bunco was, "It's the pumpkin lady."  Yes, that is what this challenge has turned me into.  At any rate, while not completed in my originally allotted amount of time, I have come up with 12 pumpkin recipes, and then some.  I have one more in the works as a special bonus, but maybe that's because I have half a can of pumpkin sitting in the fridge just waiting to serve its purpose.

I found this recipe when I was searching for a crustless pumpkin pie.  It sounded interesting, so last night she made her debut at a night out with the ladies.  To say it was a hit was an understatement.

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup pumpkin purée
½ cup sour cream
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
½ tsp. ground ginger
Gingersnap cookies

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.  Beat in pumpkin, sour cream, and spices until blended.

Serve with gingersnaps.  Refrigerate leftovers.





What I liked about this recipe:
It really does taste like pumpkin pie. I've met more people lately who simply do not like pumpkin pie because they don't like the texture. I'm curious to see if they enjoy the flavor of this dip!

This dip would also be great with:
Sliced pears, apples, or as a spread on a zucchini bread, pumpkin bread, or nut bread.

While the Bunco ladies overwhelmingly gave this dip a 5 pumpkin rating, I'm giving it 4 out of 5. It is good, but it didn't leave me lusting for more. I can tell you the pregnant ladies raved about it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment