Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Caramel Corn

This is one of my mother's classic recipes.  It was always a hit when I made it for the staff at Crate&Barrel, it was a hit with my coworkers at school today, and it went over well at Bunco last night.  Hands down, the best caramel corn I've ever sunk my teeth into!

6 quarts popped popcorn
2 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
½ cup light Karo Syrup
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda

1. Pop popcorn. I fill my roasting pan with the fresh air-popped stuff.

2. Combine brown sugar, syrup, butter & salt in large sauce pan. Bring to boil & let boil for 5 minutes. Take off heat & add soda.

3. Pour over popcorn & mix well.

4. Place on 2 cookie sheets and bake for 1 hour @ 200º. Stir every 15 minutes.

5. Once finished, remove from sheets & place in containers, the sooner the better.




No comments:

Post a Comment